Friday, June 8, 2007

Thank God It's Friday/Recipe

Happy Friday everyone. I really like blogging, it's suits me. I like to write, cook and take pics. I wish I could connect with more bloggers but I guess that will come in time. Please feel free to add my Blog to your list of bloggers on your blog page. I would so appreciate it. Sometimes I feel like I am talking to myself LOL. Yesterday was a busy day here and I got NO cooking done. I had to run out to a meeting at 5 and didn't get home until 9pm. Hubby made the kids mac and cheese from the blue box, hope he gave them fruit or something. It was nice to come home and have all the kids either sleeping or ready for bed.

I am a morning person and go to bed early. I like to get up before everyone is awake and drink my coffee, read my emails and ponder my day in peace before I wake the gang. Today will be an easy day, Tiana only has PT at 9am and then we are free. I need to go to the grocery store for a few things after morning naps.

I just can't wait for school to be over, I think I am more excited then the kids. The 2 middle will go to camp for 6 weeks from 9-4 and they LOVE it. It's a really nice camp and close to home. We have a 30' camper and try to go camping as many weekends as we can. Now that we have a new fosterbaby I am not sure how that will work out. We are going camping for 5 days the 4th of July and a good friend of mine who is a foster parent will take my baby while we are away. Only licensed foster parents can keep your child overnight so it's hard to find someone to help as I could not send her to strangers.

Here are some pics of us camping last summer: The one with all the kids, 2 are my best friend's kids. The view is what we were lucky to wake to every morning. I love to go camping, it's peaceful and we can just be.





I have boneless porkchops defrosted, have NO idea what I want to do with them, any suggestions??

Before I forget here is the Saucy Chicken recipe for Kitty and anyone else that is interested:

Saucy Chicken
2 1/2 pounds chicken (I used chicken breasts)
1 small yellow onion
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 375.F
2. Arrange chicken pieces in a baking dish.
3. Chop the onion and garlic. Melt the butter in saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon.
5. Bring the sauce to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Pour sauce over chicken and bake until chicken is cooked all the way through.
*I doubled the sauce*

3 comments:

Julieann said...

This is so great Debbie-I can come here and get a new recipe everyday..LOL:) If we were neighbors could you imagine all the cooking that would be going on with us..LOL.

When I fist started blogging, I never thought I would get a comment, I was basically doing it, because I love to write and look back-kwim?--and then all of a sudden people started reading--and pretty soon, I was blessed with sooooooo many new freinds---Also, sometimes, there are so many fun blogs out there to read, I just wish I had enough time to comment to all of them everyday:)

Anyway, your camping pictures are great---I love camping, but my husband does not like it all--I will live through your camping pictures for now--

Have a great Friday!!!

Julieann:)

Kim said...

I love old recipe books. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I loved your show and tell (above) and THANK YOU for sharing the saucy chicken recipe!! I think I actually could make that one, and I know my family will love it.

The camping pictures look like so much fun, too. My husband is such an outdoorsman, but I have never gone! I think with one of those beautiful RVs, I probably would like to go, though!!

Have a great weekend!!