Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Wedsnesday Morning

Wow, even with 5 kids I didn't realize how busy I am until I tried to get to my blog to make a post 100 times yesterday! It was truly a crazy day yesterday. New baby had some Early Intervention evaluations, Tiana had OT therapy, I had a root canal, had Tiana's yearly EI meeting and finally had a meeting last night. YIKES. I did manage to make banana bread and ham spirals for my EI meeting. I also managed to fix dinner in advance and then hubby popped it in the oven while I was at the dentist. Yesterday involved teamwork from hubby and I am thankful for that!

Someone asked me for my meatloaf recipe:

2.5 lbs ground beef (I do not like the mix with the pork)
2 eggs
a few handfuls of flavored breadcrumbs
ketchup
paprika for the top (makes it nice and brown)

just mix it all up and add enough ketchup to be able to incorporate the breadcrumbs. I have used a can of tomato soup before but like the ketchup better. Pretty basic recipe but we all love it. I use a loaf pan to bake mine and take off the fat as it cooks with a turkey baster.

My mashed taters I add a stick of butter and either sour cream or a brick of cream cheese. I could eat cream cheese with a spoon!

Dinner tonight was baked chicken thighs, leftover mashed and green beans.

Today we are FREE from apts and such. I need to put the folded laundry away, my most dreaded job and there is a pile for everyone. I should have the kids be in charge of their own pile but then they would just ball it up into the drawers and that is a pet peeve of mine, I like organized drawers. Gosh, I sound so anal!! I am really not. :))

I hope you all have a wonderful day filled with the sound of laughter and love.

















3 comments:

Doberlady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julieann said...

Yummy!!! All the food looks so good. I am glad you posted your meatloaf recipe--I am thinking of making it tonight:)

I hear ya, about getting time to blog---sometimes there is not enough time in a day to do everything we want to do.

Julieann:)

Anonymous said...

All your food looks delicious!! The banana bread is making me hungry :-) And your little one looks so adorable eating her healty meal at her little princess table. Too cute!!